A niche website is possibly easier to grow if you’re new to blogging or owning a website in general.
There are many advantages coming with a niche, including being able to be seen as an expert in the niche, getting engaged readers and having focused writing.
It does have its drawbacks, but it’s still recommended to start a niche website as a beginner.
The following are some topic ideas for your niche website.
81 Topic Ideas
1. Travel in [a particular city]. As travel bloggers are continuously rising in numbers, competition naturally follows. It’s harder to compete in a global scale these days. One great way of overcoming it is by writing on a particular city, maybe where you live as you know best.
2. Crocheting. It may not sound like a big niche but there are some crocheting bloggers doing really well, making a few thousand dollars a month.
3. Food recipes. Although big sites like Food Network exists in this recipe industry, it’s still possible to make a good income from it. The key is Pinterest (if you’re not good at Google SEO). Many food bloggers are using Pinterest to get visitors for their food website, but it’s slowly getting saturated as well.
4. Bowling. Yes, you can have blogs on individual sports as there will be people reading about them. As it’s pretty niche, the amount of visits you get will not be too crazy though.
7. Football. This one’s pretty competitive.
8. Survival gear. There are a number of sites directing readers to Amazon on this niche, and they do pretty well. Survival items include knives, tents and other related items.
9. Politic commentary. Just be wary of your country’s political laws.
10. Cryptocurrency. It used to be much hotter 1 – 2 years ago but it’s still around. E.g. of site – Coindesk.
11. Keto diet.
12. Blogging about blogging. This one’s quite competitive as they strive to sell you some hosting plans and make a very good commission out of it. Try not to be in this niche unless you’ve already got success in blogging about other niches.
13. How to make money. Yes, another very competitive niche.
15. Search engine news. With the amount of Google updates a year (a few thousand), website owners will be searching for such updates constantly, especially when there are major ones or when they get hit by them.
16. Anime blog. There are sites writing on One Piece alone, but such sites may not last over the years. Find a niche that is evergreen.
17. Backlink experts. Some people specialize in ways to get backlinks and use their site as a platform to sell outreach services.
18. Netflix blog. A blog on the latest Netflix news.
19. Disney + blog.
20. Guitar guide blog. A site teaching people how to play a guitar and the basics of chords. You can add your own tabs inside it.
21. Social media marketing.
22. SEO. This one’s a huge topic and SEO tactics always change. At least the grey / black hat ones do.
23. Top 10. A website on everything top 10.
24. Restaurant reviews. This one’s hard to get traffic now as you get competition from TripAdvisor and other similar types of businesses. Even Google has their own review system now.
25. Hotel reviews. Same as the above.
26. Video game blog. Gaming is a bigger industry than both movies and TV shows today.
28. Coupon site.
29. Blog on TV shows.
30. A movie blog.
31. Toy reviews.
32. Celebrity gossip site. Just don’t overdo it and get sued.
33. Photography. You can write a review on cameras, lenses and other related items. Tips on how to shoot the best photo, bokeh and other guides can be useful too.
34. Life hacks.
35. Watches. Some good examples would be ABlogtoWatch and WatchTime.
36. Religious site. If you wish to promote your religion.
37. Marathon. You can write tips on how to train for a marathon, breathing techniques, selling marathon gear and so on.
39. Pinterest marketing. As Pinterest is huge these days, you can write more on them. It’s sort of like SEO but for Pinterest.
41. Logo design. A website providing logo templates like Canva.
42. App programming. Programming is huge and app programming uses its own languages like Java + Android for Android apps. Or maybe Swift for Apple apps.
43. Web programming. You can teach people on front end and back end programming.
44. WordPress expert. WPBeginner is a great example of this type of blog and they make 8 figures a year. They also sell plugins.
45. Sell WordPress themes. Think of StudioPress and ThemeForest. They either sell their own or they create a platform to let others sell their themes.
46. Create plugins for sale. You can also sell WordPress plugins. Have a website to market it.
47. Real estate.
48. Dogs (or other animals). Guide on grooming, food, exercise and so on.
50. Coin collection.
51. Korean entertainment news. Look at AllKPop and Soompi.
52. Mathematics help.
53. Laptop recommendations.
54. Blog on beds and mattresses.
55. Coffee expert blog.
56. Boardgame blog.
57. Mobile app news. Android Authority is a good reference.
58. Blogs on popular TV series. This option works but doesn’t last long.
59. DIY sites.
60. Weight loss.
61. Vegetarian blog.
62. Automotive. This is a huge niche, especially on cars.
63. Virtual Reality.
64. Electric cars. Instead of writing on something general like cars, do something more niche like electric cars. They will be more popular in the future.
65. Cruise blog. All about cruise reviews and guides.
66. Blog on flights. You can write on flight experiences like how Sam Chui does it on YouTube.
67. Local news site.
68. Magic tricks.
69. Culture blog. E.g. Japanese culture.
70. Create a social network. E.g. Facebook, Twitter, WT. Social and so on.
71. Q&A site. E.g. Quora.
72. Freelance platform. E.g. Upwork and Freelancer.
73. Hosting recommendations. Recommend web hosting for prospective buyers.
74. Tech blog.
75. Create a platform to buy and sell items. Similar to eBay, Lazada and Shopee.
76. Second hand car listing.
77. Cryptocurrency price listing.
78. Money-saving techniques.
79. Retirement blog. A guide on saving for retirement, or what you should do after retirement.
80. Music site.
81. Business review site.
The list above is far from exhaustive as there’s a ton of niches out there.
This article is only to give you an idea on your next big project.